Daily Sonshine from Brentwood Hills church of Christ
Monday, July 1, 2013
Helping Others Prepare for Eternity
CHALLENGE OF THE DAY
Monday – Our lack of being rude (acting dishonorably) toward God
Psalm 119:58 I have sought your face with all my heart;
be gracious to me according to your promise.
Challenge: Do you seek God’s face with all your heart? In Psalms 119:57-64 the Psalmist further describes how he seeks God’s face by obeying His words, turning his steps to God’s statutes, and obeying God’s commands. Write down something that you can do to show your love to God by obeying him. Put your love for God into action.
• Betty Dickerson had knee replacement surgery on Thursday and is now at NHC Cool Springs for rehab. NO VISITORS.
• Betty Nussbaumer, mother of Lydia Sullivan, is now at home after back surgery.
• Jean Seamon, mother of Jonathan Seamon, is hospitalized in North Carolina with an infection. She hopes to go home today or tomorrow.
• We extend our sympathy to Debbie Miller Oldach, sister of Jim Aston and Kathy Stiles, in the death of her husband Jim Oldach. The funeral was held on Saturday. Debbie's address is 791 Cindy Blair Way, Lexington, KY 40503.
• Dean Bawcom continues chemotherapy treatments.
• Susan Duncan, Donna Taylor’s sister, will soon begin radiation treatments for a pituitary gland tumor.
• Steve Greene has completed radiation and chemotherapy treatments for now. He will have more tests on July 15 with surgery being scheduled in August and then more chemotherapy.
• Nancy Harris remains at NHC Cool Springs for rehab. She plans to go home on Tuesday.
• Don Hinson remains at NHC Cool Springs.
• Suzanne Martin is now at Stallworth for rehab after double knee replacement surgery.
• Bethany Seamon is in Honduras for a Summer internship. Follow her blog at: http://bethanyseamon.blogspot.com/
• Bill Sullivan is now at Stallworth for rehab after an automobile accident.
• Parker Thompson continues treatment in Atlanta, Georgia. His address there is:
Attn: Mary Lengel for Parker Thompson
1961 N. Druid Hills Road
Atlanta, GA 30329
• Freda Acuff, 93 year old mother of Judy Staggs, has moved to Woodcrest at the Blakeford for rehab.
• Coleman Ingram, infant grandson of Bill and Nancy Ingram, has begun treatments for a vascular issue at Cincinnati Children's Hospital.
• Hite Tiner, father of David Tiner, is recovering from hip surgery at Somerfield Rehab, 900 Heritage Way in Brentwood.
Continue to lift up:
Zane Burns, Sr.
Jim & Sara Redmon
**indicates new events that have been added
June 27-July 6 -Wilderness Trek
June 30-July 2 - Summer Celebration at Lipscomb University
Brentwood Hills 6:00 p.m. service will not meet on June 30 so that all may attend.
July 4-5 - Church office will be closed for holiday
July 7 - Baby Shower for Jennifer Henderson, 4:30 p.m., Reception Room
It's a Boy! Registries: Babies-R-Us, Target, and The Little Cottage
July 7 - Divorce Support Group, downstairs
July 7-11 - Junior Camp (CURRENT 3rd-6th graders)
July 9 - TNT, dinner @ 5:30 p.m., TNT from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.
July 10 - 7th-12th Grad girls/guys Bible Study, 10:00 a.m.
July 10 - NO 5th-6th Grade Classes due to Junior Camp
July 11 - Senior Adult Potluck, 6:00 p.m., Foyer
July 14 - BHCC Red Cross Blood Drive, 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Brentwood Hills is sponsoring this event. To donate, please sign up at www.redcrossblood.org, our Sponsor code is: BrentwoodHillsCofC.
July 15-18 - Summer Mystery Awesomeness Trip for Junior High Students,
Cost: $120.00, limited to 30 students, deadline is July 1.
July 15-19 - Summer Mystery Awesomeness Trip for Senior High Students,
Cost: $135.00, limited to 30 students, deadline is July 1.
July 16-22 - Honduras Brigade
**July 21 - Wedding Shower for Amy Satterfield and Allen Whitaker, 4:30 p.m., Reception Room
Amy is the daughter of Pat and Donna Satterfield. Registries: Target, Bed,Bath&Beyond, and Pottery Barn
July 26-Aug. 3 - Baja Mission Trip
August 16 & 17 - Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage
The seminar will be hosted by our Marriage Ministry Team on Friday, August 16, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. and Saturday, August 17, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Tickets are $29 per person at the Marriage Ministry kiosk in the foyer or at www.laughyourway/events/2013/08/Nashville-TN.
September 1 - Promotion Day for all Youth classes
September 27-29 - BHCC Retreat at Henry Horton State Park
If you plan to camp, sites must be reserved this year. You can do that now through the Tennessee State Parks.
Monday Morning Quarterbacks, 6:30 a.m., Conference Room
Ladies' Class, 10:00 a.m., Reception Room
FriendSpeak, 6:30 p.m.
Church of Christ
5120 Franklin Road
Nashville, Tennessee 37220
Phone: (615) 832-2541
Fax: (615) 832-2583